Nowadays, brands have an extensive online presence, covering various social media channels and websites. That is perfect… if the brand is consistently represented over all platforms. From the name, to the logo, to the design, and on to the message, a brand must be uniform in its communication in order to achieve maximum efficiency and brand awareness.
Consistency does so many things for a brand:
- It helps manage customers’ perception by shaping how people see you in a standard and focused way.
- It helps represent a professional, organized, and stable brand.
- It helps promote customer loyalty, which is built upon brand stability.
- It helps focus your company’s core values and promise by keeping a uniform message.
- It commands authority…
- Which in turn builds trust, by guaranteeing a well-rounded offering.
Brand consistency is easy to achieve, you just need to be dedicated and stick to it. It is not just about design alone, or content alone. It is about the big picture which your brand portrays.
Brand consistency can be achieved through uniformity in:
- Cover photos and profile pictures
- Typeface and font color
- Colors and design style
- Slogans and taglines
- Logo throughout brand collateral
- Company’s goals
Communication with all employees on the importance of brand consistency is necessary in order to keep everyone on board. Whenever something changes, it is necessary to inform everyone so that the most up to date image of the brand is conveyed to your customers.