Okay, we don’t mean to generalize, we are aware that not ALL creatives drink coffee religiously, and some don’t even drink it at all. However, many creatives do spend hours on end working at coffee shops or the likes (studies have shown that a moderate level of ambient noise actually boosts creative awareness and thinking), and the highlight of many a day is that cherished coffee break at the office. It is fair to say that coffee does help us get through our long and demanding days, and here’s why…
- Coffee contains Caffeine, which blocks adenosine receptors in the brain (adenosine slows neural activity thus inducing sleepiness). This increases one’s energy and helps boost concentration.
- Caffeine also helps one focus and turn ideas into action.
- Caffeine can boost metabolism, which helps burn fat.
- Coffee contains quite a few vital nutrients: Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, and Niacin.
- Coffee contains a huge amount of antioxidants.
- Coffee drinkers have shown to have longer lives and less risk of stroke, liver disease, diabetes type II, depression, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and dementia (depending of course on the amount consumed).
- For many people, drinking coffee is a ritual shared with friends and co workers, so this gives one a chance to socialize.